Monday, November 18, 2013

Reflecting on Questions.

For this part of the assignment we are to reflect on the highlighted part that we did in class toady.

Which color dominates?
     There was an even mix between the two colors in my essay.
Are you turning over too much of the text to your source?
      No, I don't believe so.
Are you ignoring them and rattling on too much about what you think?
      No, I have an even amount of information and my opinion. 
Or do your sources use seem appropriate to support your purpose?
       Yes, they do.
Are you taking turns paragraph by paragraph with your sources, or is your own analysis and commentary nicely blended within paragraphs, so that the information is always anchored to your own thoughts?
         Yes, it mirrors itself from one paragraph to another and it shows the information and my opinion.
Do you surround quote passages  with your own voice and analysis?
         Yes, before and after a quote I talk about the quote and explain it.
Who wins the wrestling match?
          I think that I win the wrestling match because I feel like I have more of my opinion in the essay than information from my sources.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You did an excelling job with this blog post. In class, we were asked to do this assignment and I was a bit skeptical at first. However, it was helpful! Not to mention we had very similar results. We both had on and off speakers and our papers were well balanced. I agree with you when you say you think you won the wrestling match because a lot of your opinion is in your essay. It is good to have sources, but too much of the authors voice is not always good especially when there is very little of your writing styles in the essay. Also, it is a good thing that when you put a quote in the essay you talk about it afterwards. This can give your reader a better insight when they are reading your essay.

    ReplyDelete