This part of the assignment we have to have a dialogue with a person to answer questions that they may ask. It will be in two columns, one will be the question and the other will be my response(in blue).
Question 1:
Why?
To inform people about child execution
Where?
In the U.S
Who?
Children, their families and the justice system
When?
Past, Present Future
What?
Child Execution
Question 2:
What do you mean by child execution?
Children being put to death because of the crimes they commit
Question 3:
How do most people see this? How do you see it differently?
Most people see it as an awful thing to kill children who have not fully developed the ability to reason. I am still sorting through how I feel on the topic right now.
Question 4:
Are you kidding? I didn't know that. What else did you find out?
The United States has executed at least 19 people under the age of 18.
Question 5:
Can you give me an example.
Sure, one of the children was 16 at the time they were executed.
Question 6:
Did that surprise you?
Yes, I did not think that children would be executed.
Question 7:
What other questions does this raise?
Why it was even a loud to start happening in the first place. I know that Biblically children were stoned to death for disobeying their parents and other things like that, but I do not see why that was the punishment for that.
Question 8:
Who does this affect, mostly?
Mainly it affects our Justice System and the Supreme Court.
Question 9:
What should we do about this?
Well based off the research I have done I would say just to inform people about the pros and cons to executing children. I mean if they show signs of behavior that would continue them to kill people if they got out of jail then maybe it should be allowed. But, I will admit I am still working through what we should do about this topic.
Question 10:
I'm not sure I believe this. Why do you?
Well as I have stated previously, I am not sure that I believe it either. It is something that I am learning about as I work through the process of writing the paper and doing research on it.
Question 11:
What do you think we should do about it?
I think we need inform the youth of America that this is occurring and find ways to stop it. It is such a hard thing to read and understand why this is happening in the world around us. It is also going on in other countries minus the U.S. I truly feel that it should be addresses and find another way to deal with the children that are committing these crimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment